Resources for Business Owners
Community Message 4/27/2020: In order to keep you informed of upcoming changes and additional funding opportunities please fill out and return the attached Business Information Contact Form to Lizz, our Community Liaison via email @ email@example.com
Financing for Small Business
- The U.S. Small Business Administration (en español) has just announced the availability of low-interest federal disaster loans (up to $2 Million) for working capital to small businesses suffering substantial economic damages as a result of COVID-19. These loans may be used to pay fixed debts, payroll, accounts payable and other bills that can’t be paid because of the disaster’s impact.
- California IBank has low-interest and state-guaranteed business loans and microloans for small business borrowers who have been impacted by regional disasters and who need term loans or lines of credit for working capital.
- The California Capital Access Program (CalCAP) for Small Business encourages banks and other financial institutions to make loans to small businesses that have difficulty obtaining financing. If you own a small business and need a loan for start-up, expansion or working capital, you may be eligible for this program. CalCAP is a loan loss reserve program that may provide up to 100% coverage on losses resulting from certain loan defaults. Loans are available up to $5 million.
- Facebook is offering $100M in cash grants and advertisement credits for up to 30,000 eligible small businesses.
April 30, 2020 San Benito County is now following State Guidelines for a phased reopening. Interim San Benito County Public Health Officer, Dr. David Ghilarducci, MD, FACEP has advised the San Benito County Administrative Office that he will allow the current San Benito County Shelter in Place Order to expire on May 3, 2020 at 11:59 PM. Read the full press release here. To get an in depth list of essential businesses and guidelines there is a 23 page document detailing many of the specifics. If you have any questions you can reach out to our City Manager, Don Reynolds at 831-623-4661 ext14 or our Community Liaison Lizz Sanchez Turner at 831-623-4661 ext 12
March 27, 2020 In the face of the COVID-19, the Labor & Workforce Development Agency (LWDA) wants to keep workers, employers, co-workers, and families safe. What employees are entitled to may be confusing. The Labor Department is trying to make it easier and spread awareness through this centralized source of info. Use this guidance to determine what is best for you, your family, and your workplace.
March 24, 2020 The SBA Loans for Disaster and Economic Injury are one of the best resources for businesses who are being dramatically impacted by the Shelter in Place Order. To download and read the full article click here. To get started on your SBA Loan Application Click Here: Cal Coastal Signup Website
March 22, 2020 Are you an essential business? Please see the list of Essential Infrastructure Workers (PDF). If your business is on the list of exempt sectors, it may still operate. This list is subject to updates and can be found on State of California COVID-19 website
March 20, 2020 Drinking Water Update from the State of California. California's comprehensive and safe drinking water standards require a multi-step treatment process that includes filtration and disinfection. This process removes and kills viruses, including corona viruses such as COVID-19, as well as bacteria and other pathogens.
March 17, 2020 CPUC ensures essential utility services for consumers to assist in COVID-19 mitigation - in short, your utilities (energy, water, sewer and communications) will not be shut off for non-payment in the near future. Contact your individual providers for more information.
back to top
- State of California COVID-19 updates website
- County of San Benito Health & Human services Press Releases, Current Stats and Reference Documents
- California’s network of small business support centers help businesses figure out which loans are best for them, develop resiliency strategies, and find other resources. Click here to learn more.
- The Office of the Small Business Advocate has also provided answers to a list of frequently asked questions to help support California’s small businesses. Click here to learn more.If you need to talk to a specialist in GO-Biz’s Office of the Small Business Advocate directly, please contact the team.
- Nixle updates for zip code 95045 and surrounding communities. You can sign up for text alerts by sending your zip code to 888-777
Last Updated 5/2/2020